Redeemer Christian High School, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, invites students from other countries to come and study with us! We love to have international students in our school. It helps our students understand and celebrate diversity, and the international students studying with us can learn about Canadian culture while improving their English.
While not all international students may need it, we can provide an ESL program (English as a Second Language) to those who require assistance with learning English, if we have three or more international students who require ESL enrolled at the same time. We cannot run our ESL program for just one international student. As such, we have developed a working relationship with a language school down the street, walking distance to the school. This language school is available to help our students requiring ESL if we only have one or two international students registered at once.
- International students receive the same instruction and support provided to our resident students.
- International students may come to Redeemer for one semester or the whole school year.
- International students who wish to graduate with an Ontario Secondary School Diploma from Redeemer Christian High School must have at least seven courses taken at an Ontario Ministry of Education inspected school like ours.
To begin the registration process:
1. Download our International Student Application form for 2013-2014 here.
2. Complete these forms, and attach the necessary documentation outlined in the application forms, including:
- The last 2 years report cards, translated into English
- A $250 non-refundable registration fee
- A copy of the student's passport, showing the passport #, the dates of issue and expiry, and date of birth
- A letter explaining why the student wants to study in Canada. Also tell us whether the student will live with relatives or friends, or whether assistance will be needed to find a homestay family. Please also indicate whether the student wishes to come to our school for one semester (term) or two semesters.
3. Mail or courier the completed forms and documentation to: Redeemer Christian High School, 82 Colonnade Road North, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2E 7L2
Please be sure to include a current e-mail address. We will contact you by e-mail when we receive your registration package.