Course HRE13b - Boys
This is the web page for course HRE13b. On it you should find relevant data for the course.
Test Thursday May 2
HRE13 UNIT 3 (ACTS) - REVIEW
Make a Match!
Create a matching question using the terms below.
A. PETER ___________________________________________________________
B. CORINTH ___________________________________________________________
C. GALLIO ___________________________________________________________
D. ARTEMIS ___________________________________________________________
E. PHILIP ___________________________________________________________
F. ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH ___________________________________________________________
G. FESTUS ___________________________________________________________
H. AGRIPPA ___________________________________________________________
I. STEPHEN ___________________________________________________________
J. PHILIPPI ___________________________________________________________
K. MALTA ___________________________________________________________
L. FELIX ___________________________________________________________
M. LUKE ___________________________________________________________
N. BARNABAS ___________________________________________________________
O. LYSTRA ___________________________________________________________
P. CORNELIUS ___________________________________________________________
Q. SILAS ___________________________________________________________
R. EPHESUS ___________________________________________________________
S. SIMON the SORCERER ___________________________________________________________
T. GAMALIEL ___________________________________________________________
U. ATHENS ___________________________________________________________
V. PENTECOST ___________________________________________________________
W. HEROD ___________________________________________________________
1. What are three purposes Luke had for writing Acts?
2. What makes Acts a reliable historical document?
3. Why was the idea of Gentile believers so hard for some Jews? List the sequence of events that brought Gentiles into the church.
4. What are some examples of types of opposition Paul faced? How did he respond each time?
5. Why was Paul arrested and what happened to him? Why?
6. List the stages of the growth of the church that Luke describes (geography and who the message is for). Who are the main characters for each stage?
7. What is the pattern of the “sermons” recorded in Acts? How are they suited for the occasion? (give some examples)
8. Why did the Roman world object to Christians? What did they accuse them of?
9. Describe Paul’s 3 missionary trips.
10. What problems did the early church face (4 or 5)? How did they deal with them?
11. Who persecuted the early church? What was the impact of persecution?
12. What role does the Holy Spirit play in the book of Acts? Give examples.
13. What does it mean to consider a passage of Scripture to be normative? Descriptive
- About Us
- Student Services
- International Students