Community Service Hours - Students
Students, please keep in mind that you must complete 60 hours of community service before graduation in order to receive the Redeemer Christian High School Diploma. In order to receive the Ontario Secondary School Diploma from any Ontario high school, 40 hours need to be completed before graduation. Please keep track of your hours on your Service Hours tally form. We suggest you hand in your form at the end of each year regardless of whether you have your 40 or 60 hours completed. We will keep them in your student file.
How or Where Can I Get My Community Service Hours?
Ask your Pastor(s) at church where you can be of service; they may need help ushering, in the nursery, making coffee each Sunday, in a Sunday School classroom, on the Worship Team, doing the weekly bulletin, or just cleaning up after services. The possibilities are endless. You can also offer to help:
- in a nursing home
- with a kids program, like Awana or Brownies
- a neighbour, do his lawnwork for him, weed his garden, etc.
- shovel an elderly persons walkway or driveway on a regular basis
- at any big event, like a fundraiser, or charity dinner, either setting up, cleaning up or in the kitchen
- Look around you every day - acts of service are easy to spot!